Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
600g sirloin steak, fat trimmed
3 tbsp olive oil
350g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3mm slices
4 medium zucchinis, sliced lengthways into 5mm slices
1 red onion, quartered
2 tbsp lemon juice, plus grated zest of a lemon
150g rocket leaves
30g parmesan cheese, shaved
20g toasted pine nuts
- Preheat a chargrill or barbeque to hot. Brush the Beef on both sides with 2 tsp olive oil and cook for 4 minutes, turning once, or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest and cover loosely with foil.
- Place the sweet potato, zucchini and onion into a large bowl and toss with 3 tsp olive oil. Place on the grill and cook for 1½ minutes on each side, or until tender and lightly charred.
- Slice the Beef thinly and place into a large mixing bowl with the grilled vegetables, lemon juice and zest and remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Place the rocket onto a large serving platter, top with the tossed Beef and grilled vegetables, parmesan cheese and pine nuts, and serve.
- Brush each steak lightly with oil.
- Preheat the barbecue to hot before adding the steak. The steak should sizzle as it makes contact with the plate or grill.
- Cook one side until the first sign of moisture appears on the upper side, turn and cook the other side. Turn once only for rare and medium.
- Test for doneness with tongs. Rare is soft when pressed, medium is springy but still soft and well done is very firm. Remove steak and cover loosely, rest in a warm place for a few minutes before serving.