Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
100g rump steaks, fat trimmed
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp ground coriander
4 x 125g microwave super grains cups
½ bunch kale, stalks removed, finely shredded
1 large avocado, quartered
175g green beans, thinly sliced
Zest and juice of 1 lemon +extra wedges, to serve
Toasted pepitas, fresh chives, finely chopped, to serve
- Brush steaks with half the oil, sprinkle with coriander and season. Heat a char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Rest on a plate loosely covered with foil for 5 minutes. Thinly slice steaks.
- Meanwhile, prepare super grains according to packet instructions. Place in large bowl, add kale, avocado, beans, lemon zest and juice and oil. Season and toss well to coat.
- Top salad with steak and sprinkle with pepitas and chives. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Beef sirloin, flank or flat-iron steaks would also work well in this recipe.
- Use your choice of super grains, quinoa, rice or cous cous in this salad.
- Super grains are available in the rice section of the supermarket – there are a number of different blends available.