Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
- 500g beef mince
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/3 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/3 tsp ground cumin
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tbsp cream cheese
- 4 large tortillas (8 to 10 inch)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 250g grated cheese
- Spring onion, thinly sliced
- Heat oil in a medium pan then fry onions until golden. Add the beef mince and garlic and fry on medium heat till meat is browned.
- Add the remaining beef mix ingredients and cook covered on low heat for around 20 minutes.
- When the beef mixture is almost ready, beat the eggs and cream cheese in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a non stick pan on medium to low heat then add the egg mixture. Cook the eggs slowly, mixing constantly until golden and still a bit runny. Take out of the pan.
To assemble the burrito:
- Soften the tortilla by placing on a hot pan for a few seconds.
- Lay tortilla flat and layer cheese, meat, scrambled egg mixture, tomatoes and spring onions.
- Wrap the tortilla and place on a medium hot pan to seal the edges and toast all sides.