Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
4 x 200g beef sirloin steaks
1 tbsp dried mixed Italian herbs
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp dried chilli flakes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup (150g) quinoa
300g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
1 bunch asparagus, peeled into ribbons
Parsley leaves, lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat. Brush steaks with half the oil and sprinkle with dried herbs and spices. Season and cook steaks for 4-5 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Rest steaks on a plate loosely covered with foil for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare quinoa according to packet instructions. Drain.
- Microwave pumpkin on HIGH (100%) for 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Place quinoa, pumpkin and asparagus in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with remaining oil. Sprinkle with parsley leaves
Serve steaks with quinoa salad and lemon wedges.
- Beef sirloin is also sold as strip loin, porterhouse or New York cut steak.
- Beef rump, scotch or eye-fillet steak would also work well in this recipe.
- Resting your steak will lock in cooking juices and maximise tenderness.
- You can buy pre-cut pumpkin from the supermarket or green grocer to save time.
- Omit chilli flakes for a kid-friendly meal.