Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
8 lamb topside or round steaks
4 Lebanese bread rounds
¼ cup (60g) peanut butter or cream cheese
1 large carrot, grated
½ cup sultanas
- Brush each lamb steak lightly with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Preheat the char-grill pan to hot before adding the meat.
- Cook on one side until the first sign of moisture appears. Turn steaks once only. Test the steaks for degree of doneness with tongs. Rare is soft, medium feels springy and well done is very firm. Remove steaks from heat, loosely cover with foil and rest steaks for 2 minutes before serving.
- To serve slice lamb thinly. Spread each Lebanese bread with peanut butter or cream cheese. Place sliced lamb on one end of each bread, top each with the carrot, sultanas and lettuce. Roll up tightly.
- Replace the lamb round or topside steaks with lamb eye of shortloin/backstrap with lamb fillet/tenderloin.
- You can use a brush to lightly oil the meat. Or you can use a light spray of oil.
- Always rest meat after cooking. This gives the juices in the meat a chance to redistribute, giving a moister and more tender result. Transfer the roast to a plate and loosely cover with foil, stand the meat to rest in a warm place.