Preparation Time 2 hours
Cooking Time 10 minutes
4 lamb leg steaks
½ cup pineapple juice
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tbsp Vegemite
1 lime, zested and juiced
5 cm piece ginger, chopped
2 long green chillies, chopped
2 star anise
1 cinnamon quill, broken
¼ red cabbage, finely shredded
¼ green cabbage, finely shredded
5 spring onions, finely sliced
1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
¼ cup mint leave, finely sliced
⅓ cup coleslaw dressing
¼ cup olive oil
- Combine the juice, olive oil, golden syrup, Vegemite, lime, ginger, chillies and spices in a large shallow dish. Add the lamb, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine. Cover and chill until required.
- Lift the lamb from the marinade and char grill or barbecue for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked.
- Rest, wrapped in foil for 5 minutes.
- Cut into slices. Divide salad between serving plates and top with lamb. Serve immediately.