Turkey mince is an affordable, delicious and lean alternative to beef mince that you can substitute in nearly any recipe. It’s a great way to add variety to your meals.
- 750g lean turkey mince
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 red onion, halved, finely sliced
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves, shredded
- steamed jasmine rice and lime wedges, to serve
1. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mince, garlic and chilli.
2. Cook, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes or until mince is browned and cooked through. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. Add sauce, lime juice, onion, coriander and lettuce. Toss to combine.
- Serve with rice and lime wedges.