Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour
Serves 8 – 10
1 x 2 – 3kg Australian boneless leg of ham
1 cup pomegranate or black current juice
1 cup sugar
1 cup plum jam
1/2 tsp mixed spice
1 cup pomegranate seeds
- Remove ham from the packaging and remove the rind carefully. Score the surface into a diamond pattern.
- Place the ham into a deep baking dish and place in the pre-heated oven at 180°C for 20 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan place the juice, sugar, plum jam and mixed spice. Bring to the boil stirring. Allow to simmer until liquid has reduced by half.
- Remove ham and pour over half the glaze. Return the ham to the oven and cook for a further 40 minutes basting with glaze frequently.
- Remove ham from oven and transfer to a serving dish.
- Decorate the ham with pomegranate seeds.
- Serve warm with vegetables or salad.
Notes: store leftover ham in a ham bag soaked in boiling water and 2
Tablespoons of vinegar, then squeezed dry. This process needs to be
repeated every 3 days to keep ham fresh.