Tokyo beef rolls are an excellent finger food or tapas plate.
- 1 1/4 kg Eye of knuckle (100mm square by 4mm depth)
- 150 g Spring onions (thin strips)
- 200 g Carrot (thin strips)
- 100 ml Soy sauce (japanese or light)
- 200 g Red capsicum (thin strips)
- 100 ml Chinese cooking wine
- 40 g Sugar
1. Cut sliced beef into pieces approx 10cm square. Top with spring onion, carrot and capsicum strips. Roll tightly and secure with toothpicks or food grade bands.
2. Combine soy, wine and sugar. Seal in portions in small sachets or containers.
3. Heat 20ml oil in large non stick pan. Fry rolls quickly over high heat, turning for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned.
4. Remove from pan and remove bands.
5. Reduce heat to medium, add sauce to pan.
6. Bring the sauce to boil and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Serve rolls sliced with sauce drizzled over or on the side for dipping.