Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
600 g beef mince
½ cup drained crushed pineapple
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
½ cup dried breadcrumbs
20 ml vegetable oil
1 brown onion, cut into wedges
1 carrot, cut into thin sticks
1 green capsicum, cut into thick strips
1 cup sweet and sour sauce
- Combine mince, crushed pineapple, chilli sauce and breadcrumbs
- Roll into 16 small balls.
- Heat oil in large frying pan over moderately high heat. Cook beef balls for 10 minutes, turning frequently until well browned. Remove from pan.
- Add onion, carrot and capsicum to pan and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Reduce heat to low. Return beef to pan with sweet and sour sauce.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes until beef is cooked.