This weeks recipe comes straight from Paul Purcell’s kitchen. It’s a delicious and flavour-filled take on a classic family spaghetti recipe. Get your Italian Sausage from Jack’s Deli.
- Jack’s Italian Sausage
- Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Tomato
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Additional Suggestions – Herbs, especially Oregano, Thyme
1. Purchase from Jack’s Deli some Italian Sausage, and slice into bite size pieces and set aside.
2. Slice into tiny dice size pieces the Tomato, removing the core; we used One for the Recipe you may wish to use Two.
3. Slice into thin slices the 6 -8 cloves of peeled garlic.
4. Place a small amount of Olive Oil into your pan, add the Italian Sausage and cook over a medium to low heat until cooked.
5. Move the Sausage up the pan adding a little more olive oil and your slices of Garlic, you want to infuse the flavour of the oil with the Garlic over a low heat, be careful not to burn the Garlic, you may wish to add some red chilli flakes (this is optional).
6. Add all the Tomato, mixing it together and cooking on a medium to high heat.
7. Add a ladle or two of Red Wine, add Salt & Pepper to taste & tear in your Basil Leaves. (Fresh or Dried Oregano & Thyme are additional herbs you may wish to add to the mixture).
8. In a separate pan add some salt to boiling water and cook your spaghetti.
9. When your Italian sausage and Tomatoes are nicely cooked add your Al Dente Spaghetti Pasta to the pan and mix well.
10. Plate it all up adding some Parmesan Cheese, (also available from Jacks Deli )
- Serve with a nice glass of Red Wine. Enjoy!