Preparation Time 3 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
400 g Jack Purcell’s beef mince
1 clove garlic, crushed
½ small onion, very finely chopped
1 tbsp chopped parsley
½ small red capsicum, finely diced
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 small carrot, grated
tomato chutney or sauce and salad to serve
- Preheat oven to moderate 180°C. Place the sausages in a large bowl. Combine the honey and mild seeded mustard, mix well to coat sausages with glaze.
- Place sausages on a baking paper lined oven tray (tip in any glaze), cook for 15 minutes until sausages are golden and cooked through.
- Serve the sausages with one of these quick and easy ‘dunking sauces’
- Simply whisk the ingredients together:
- – ½ cup sour cream or mayonnaise, 1 tbsp of chopped herbs and a squeeze lemon juice
- – ¼ cup honey, 2 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tbsp mild seedy mustard
- – ¼ cup tomato sauce, ¼ cup mild sweet chilli sauce and 2 tbsp orange juice
- Kids love little sausages. Make longer beef sausages more manageable by twisting and turning the sausage in the middle to make two smaller ones. Snip in the middle with scissors, then grill, barbecue or pan-fry.
- Don’t pierce sausages before or during cooking. If you prick good quality sausages you let all the moisture and the flavour out.