Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 40 minutes
8 (approx. 600g) lean thick beef sausages
2 zucchini, thickly sliced
1 red capsicum, cut into 3cm pieces
1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
4 small roma tomatoes, halved
3 garlic cloves, unpeeled, bruised
1 tbsp Moroccan seasoning
400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
1 ½ tbsp red wine vinegar
¼ cup parsley leaves
¼ cup pistachios, toasted, roughly chopped
Baby rocket, lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat grill to high. Place sausages in a large roasting pan and grill for 8-10 minutes, turning regularly, until browned. Remove pan from oven, add vegetables and garlic, spray lightly with oil and sprinkle with Moroccan seasoning. Season and toss to coat.
- Reheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Cook in oven for 25-30 minutes or until sausages and vegetables are nearly tender. Remove from oven and stir through lentils and vinegar. Cook for a further for 5 minutes. Squeeze garlic cloves from skins and stir into pan. Season.
- Sprinkle bake with parsley and pistachios. Serve with baby rocket and lemon wedges.
- You can also use canned chickpeas or beans instead of lentils.
- Serve with cous cous or quinoa, if desired.
- Beef chipolatas (small sausages) would also work well – use 20 chipolatas.