Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
8-12 Jack Purcell loin chops
2 tbsp tikka paste
2 tbsp natural yoghurt
juice of one lemon
mango chutney, steamed rice and salad leaves to serve
- Season each chop lightly with salt and pepper. Combine the tikka paste, yoghurt and juice. Brush the mixture over both sides of the lamb chops. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the grill tray. Preheat the oven grill to high/maximum setting. Place the chops on the cold grill tray, place tray under the hot grill. Cook chops on one side until the first sign of moisture appears on the top. Turn and cook further until done to your preference. Turn once only.
- Remove chops from grill tray, loosely cover with foil and rest chops for 2 minutes before serving. Serve lamb with mango chutney, steamed rice and salad leaves.
- You can use lamb cutlets for this recipe.
- When you grill meat it should be placed on a cold grill tray. This prevents the meat sticking and becoming difficult to turn.