Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 2 hours 10 minutes
400 g beef rump strips
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
50 ml (2 ½ tbsp) teriyaki marinade
¼ red cabbage, shredded
2 carrots, shredded
Juice of 1 lime, plus extra wedges, to serve
1 avocado, sliced for serving
8 soft flour tacos, warmed, for serving
Spicy mayonnaise, green onions, thinly sliced, to serve
- Season rump strips with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large wok over high heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add beef and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until browned and tender, adding the teriyaki marinade 2 minutes into the process. Set aside to rest.
- In a bowl combine cabbage, carrot, and lime juice. Toss to combine.
- Build the taco using the cabbage and carrot mix, slices of avocado, the marinated beef and top with spicy mayonnaise, green onions. Serve with lime wedges.
- To save time, you could use a pre-pack coleslaw with cabbage, carrot and green onions.
- We used spicy Peri Peri mayonnaise