Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
500g beef rump strips
550g sweet potatoes, sliced lengthways
1 ½ tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp chilli powder
1 avocado, diced
Juice of ½ a lemon
250g punnet cherry tomatoes, diced
80g feta cheese, crumbled
2 green onions, thinly sliced
Sour cream and mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat a sandwich press. Lightly spray the sweet potato with olive oil.
- Cook the potatoes in the sandwich press for 8 to 10 minutes, turning halfway, or until just tender. Set aside to cool slightly then slice into 1cm thick fries.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium-high heat. Cook the onions for 2 to 3 minutes until softened.
- Add the beef strips, cumin, garlic powder, and chilli powder. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned and cooked through.
- In a bowl, mash avocado with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, place sweet potatoes on a plate. Top with the beef mixture, avocado and tomato. Sprinkle with feta and green onions. Serve with sour cream and mixed salad.