Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
500 g lamb mince
1 small brown onion, finely chopped
½ cup mushrooms, finely chopped
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 handful of fresh spinach, finely chopped
1 tbsp rice bran oil
½ cup natural yoghurt or tzatziki (to serve)
Pita bread (to serve)
- Combine the lamb, egg, onion, mushrooms, cinnamon, parsley and spinach in a bowl. Use your hands to mix well.
- Take large tablespoon sized handfuls of mixture and shape around a paddle pop stick. Flatten slightly.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the koftas and fry for a few minutes either side, or until the meat is brown and cooked through.
- Serve with yoghurt or tzatziki dip. Or, you can skip the paddle pop step and wrap the lamb in pita bread with a drizzle of yoghurt.
- Storage: Place the cooked koftas in the fridge immediately and use in lunchboxes within 1-2 days. Wrap in plastic wrap or a reusable food pocket for lunchboxes and store with appropriate cool packs to ensure the food is still fresh by lunchtime. The koftas can be stored in the freezer for 1-2 months