Eat them as a delicious light lunch or add them cold to your picnic basket or lunchbox!
- 500g Lean beef mince from Jack Purcell Meats
- 100g Feta, crumbled
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 Cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 Sheets ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 40g Pine nuts
1. Preheat fan forced* oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Line oven tray with baking paper.
3. Combine mince, feta, cumin and mint. Divide into 12 portions.
4. Cut pastry sheets into 4 squares.
5. Brush edges with beaten egg. Place portion of beef mix in centre of pastry.
6. Fold each corner of the pastry in toward the centre, pressing down gently and leaving filling visible.
7. Brush lightly with egg and sprinkle with pine nuts.
8. Place pies glazed side up on baking tray. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and pastry is crisp.
* Recipe note: If using a conventional oven, you may need to increase temperature or allow additional cooking time.
- Serve with rocket salad and dollop of natural yoghurt.