Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
6 x 6mm thick schnitzel style steaks
125 g butter, softened
4 spring onions, chopped
1 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp lemon juice
50 g flour
2 eggs, beaten
200 g dried breadcrumbs
- Combine butter, spring onions, parsley, garlic and lemon. Divide into six portions. Roll each portion into a small cylinder.
- Place 1 portion on each slice of beef. Roll up, folding in edges to secure filling.
- Coat lightly with flour.
- Dip into beaten egg and coat with crumbs, pressing firmly.
- Repeat step 4 to ensure that filling does not leak when cooking.
- Heat 20 ml oil in large frying pan over moderately high heat.
- Cook beef for 15 minutes, turning frequently to ensure even browning and crisping of crumbs.
- Serve with steamed vegetables or salad.